Art Jewelry Forum Emerging Artist Award
The purpose of the Art Jewelry Forum's (AJF) Emerging Artist Award is to acknowledge promise, innovation, and individuality in the work of an emerging jewelry artist and to help advance the artist's career.
The $5,000.00 award consists of:
# $4,000 award
# $1,000 for travel to attend award presentation at SOFA Chicago
The competition is open to makers of wearable art jewelry who:
- have completed their academic/professional training
- have been out of school for one year or more
- have not had a solo artist exhibition in a commercial gallery or museum.
Work submitted must have been unsupervised if from an academic setting.
Applicants are asked to submit the following:
# Current resume (one page)
# Artist statement relating to the work submitted (approximately 200 words or less than 1000 characters)
# Ten digital images of up to 8 pieces of work
# Prefer that one of the images shows a piece being worn.
Each image must include:
- Name of artist (will be populated automatically in the system)
- Title of piece
- Year Produced
Deadline for submission is July 20, 2008.
Jurors for the 2008 competition are:
- Cindi Strauss, Curator of Modern and Contemporary Decorative Arts and Design at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
- Ron Porter, long-standing member of AJF and collector of contemporary jewelry
- Andrea Janosik, jewelry artist and recipient of the AJF's 2007 Emerging Artist Award.
More information about the award may be found on the,
AJF website. Applications may be submitted at www.callforentry.org.
The Art Jewelry Forum, founded in 1997, is a non-profit organization with the mission to advocate the field of contemporary art jewelry by promoting education, appreciation, and support for contemporary art jewelry.