When you upgrade your Windows 10 then McAfee stops working due to incompatible drivers. Incorrect Windows registry entries can also be one of the reasons for McAfee not working after Windows 10 updates. You can try to update the Windows registry entries automatically, in order to resolve the error or issue. You may also install the Temp file or reinstall the McAfee software again.
Solutions to Fix McAfee Not Working after Windows 10 Update Issues
Solution 1: Repair Window Registry Entries
- Firstly, Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key + R altogether.
- Now type Regedit, and press enter, to open the registry editor.
- In the registry editor search for the registry key linked to the McAfee issue to take the backup.
- From the File menu Choose Export and then from the Save In the list search the folder to save the backup.
- Now you need to type the name of the file in the Filename box and then click on the option of save.
- You need to ensure that the file must have the .reg extension before saving.
- After saving the backup file, you are done and try using the McAfee again.
If the above process doesn’t solve the error or issue then you may need to contact McAfee Customer Support for the guidance. You can also directly visit us at mcafee.com/activate and one of our technician or experts will assist you.
Solution 2: Try to Update and Rename the Folder
- Open the McAfee by double-clicking on the icon from the PC and then click on the cog to open the menu.
- Now click on the General Settings and then on the Access Protection.
- You are now required to uncheck the checkbox in front of the User Access Protection and then click on the Apply option.
- Now search for the Virus Scan folder on the C drive and then open the folder.
- Right-click on the folder and rename the folder and then again open the McAfee from the PC.
- Click on the Check for updates option and then go to the General Settings
- Choose the Access Protection and the tick the checkbox in front of the User Access Protection.
- Now click on the Apply option and then close the Security Center.
You can also download the Windows registry repair tool in case you don’t want to repair the registry manually. You can contact us at McAfee Support for the McAfee Windows 10 issues or if McAfee updates not installing.
Kaylee Smith is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, malware, social engineering, Games,internet and new media. He writes for mcafee products at mcafee.com/activate and www.mcafee.com/activate.