Partners & Sponsors

Buy jewellery & metal art crafted in Canada at the following MAGC member galleries

COPYRIGHT 2015

Legal Notices

Copyright & Trademark Notices

All materials on this Website (the "Site"), and the Site itself are protected by copyrights, trademarks and/or other intellectual property rights. These materials are owned by The Metal Arts Guild of Canada ("MAGC") or by the artists who created these materials. View Full Copyright Notice or this network's Terms of Service

FOLLOW US!

Follow MAG on Twitter Follow MAG on Facebook

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Photos

• Add Photos

Latest Activity

clearpath infotech posted a discussion

Website management is a best tool for website performance

Introduction:In today’s world of real-time updates, same-day delivery, and otherwise excellent customer service expectations, site visitors simply are not going to wait long for your website to download. Download speeds and website performance are a growing science across the globe and statistics shows that a jiffy can make a real difference in customer behaviour and get those sales conversions. Most website owners automatically assume they need all the “bells and whistles” on their site to get…See More
21 minutes ago
saerry abby posted a discussion

Keto Slim Max :Uplift body stamina, endurance and immunity level

I have not been convinced that these Keto Slim Max questions are interesting. It is a contradiction. Could you imagine Keto Slim Max? You will have to decide which option is the most capable. I found that Keto Slim Max is not as accurate as the others. I found this to be rather restrictive to work with for now. Newbies might see your deception if you're not truthful. I could follow what's going on. That is where …See More
23 minutes ago
Profile Iconsaerry abby, Kennethmorgan, glen cas and 44 more joined Metal Arts Guild of Canada
25 minutes ago
Orist Leming posted a discussion

Nutrifoodz Super Ketones : Verbrand vet door uw metabolisme te verhogen

Nutrifoodz Super Ketones Beoordelingen : Je zou je voeten nat moeten maken. Fysiek was dat een grote uitdaging. Ik denk dat we deze methode allemaal voelen. Dat heeft echt te maken met de almachtige dollar. Dat was het enige dat ertoe deed. Ik heb eigenlijk op internet gezocht om te bepalen wat ik over alternatieve Slim Body kan weten, omdat het misschien een beetje pijn doet. Het is gek. Waarom is gewichtsverlies supplement zelfs van vitaal belang.…See More
33 minutes ago
Kennethmorgan posted a discussion

http://thesupplementcop.com/wonder-full-keto/

Wonder Full KetoSouth Africa According to the vast majority of the reports, the main role why Keto Ultra South Africa ZA can help individuals diminish weight is because of reality that it can deal with your starvation desires. For the most part, individuals aren't equipped for reduce weight and protect on focusing roughly it since they do now not have control over their hunger.…See More
33 minutes ago
glen cas posted a discussion

https://velofelmaleenhancement.wordpress.com/

Velofel Consequently, eating well is urgent to deal with sexuality. Observe our suggestions and prepare to have an all the more fulfilling couple life. Nourishments that help increment charisma 1. Strawberries and raspberries When expending Velofel Male Enhancement strawberries and raspberries it is difficult to quit ingesting their little seeds. That is great for your moxie…See More
33 minutes ago
Steffan Devin posted a status
42 minutes ago
Jessymeshak posted a status
43 minutes ago
Aaliawilliam posted a status
57 minutes ago
Hadriel Sam posted a status
59 minutes ago
james posted blog posts
1 hour ago
lucaamyers posted a discussion

http://thesupplementcop.com/wonder-full-keto/

Wonder Full KetoSo on the off chance that you are keen on situating out more noteworthy about this outstanding framework which makes them surprise impacts on individuals, at that point study under Wonder Full Ketodiagram to discover the data about this supplement, and the manner in which you may profit it at the least expensive charge possible. Likewise, find if there might be any rebate over cash back…See More
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
Eddie Collins posted a discussion

READ THIS:>>@@http://www.herbalweightlossreview.com/tinnitec/

Tinnitec Reviews  Constantly subsequent to visiting your Physician, you will be endorsed with medicine and much of the time some sort of ear drops and in serious cases you will experience a MRI filter. This much of the time will uncover nothing vile going on in your cerebrum. In all actuality pharmaceutical organization's offer medicine and some offer a little diminish for the most brief time however by and large tinnitus is simply…See More
1 hour ago
Jessymeshak posted a status
1 hour ago
John Oliver3 posted a blog post

Trung so doc dac, nguoi choi goc Viet la het vi vui suong

Người chơi may mắn sở hữu số tiền trúng số độc đắc triệu đô là một người đàn ông gốc Việt, khi phát hiện trúng số thì ông đã không ngừng la hét vì vui sướng. Câu chuyện trúng số diễn ra như thế nào, hãy cùng chúng tôi tìm hiểu nhé!Thông tin chi tiết về tấm vé số trúng thưởngTheo thông tin chính thức từ báo chí đưa tin thì người chơi trúng số 1 triệu đô đó chính là ông Phan Cơ. Hiện tại ông đã sinh sống tại Windsor-bang Ontario-Canada, vận may đã tìm đến người đàn ông gốc Việt bằng tờ vé số giá…See More
1 hour ago
wamsihang posted discussions
1 hour ago
tjenfdxf Lee posted a discussion

https://supplementscare.co.za/velofel-south-africa/

When you are looking for great dog breeds for your next pet, Velofel it is highly recommended that you pick any of the popular breeds. This way, you will not have a hard time caring for the dog. This is because popular breeds mean many veterinarians are already experienced in caring for these breeds. This means whenever your dog gets sick, you can have peace of mind knowing that your dog is in good…See More
1 hour ago
clearpath infotech replied to Lean Boost Keto's discussion https://www.nutraplatform.com/lean-boost-keto/
"The solution follows the latest trend to deliver responsive websites by focusing on advanced technologies to achieve a customized Website Development Company. User-friendly interface, mobile responsiveness, high functionality is few of the features…"
1 hour ago

Groups

Several years ago, when Bill Clinton was president of the US and Madaleine Albright was Secretary of State, SNAG sponsored a juried show asking its members to design and make a pin for her. She was known for wearing spectacular pins on her suit lapels. The last two Governors General of Canada have been women who have promoted Canadian designers in the clothing they wear at official events. It has occurred to me that MAG could set up a juried show asking its members to design a piece of jewellery for our current GG, Michaele Jean. I think with the SNAG show, the winning piece was given to Albright. I'm not sure how much longer Jean will be GG - so that could be a problem, if she's leaving soon. What do you think?

Views: 123

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it's a wonderful idea...I'm in...thanks Sandra....Linda Brown
It does sound interesting. I would definitely get involved. The MAG board is meeting this Thursday (19th) at 7:00pm. Perhaps we could discuss it in more depth? We could set up a skype call or just a regular conference call if you are interested? Or email me directly with your ideas and I could present them to the board.
Thanks,
Sara Cummins
Great idea!

The Rt Hon MJ was appointed in Sept 2005, and the term is 5 yrs w/possibility of extending to 7 (according to the CBC website). So she's in office for another 18 mos, at least.

I missed the last Bd meeting (work deadlines), but will check in & see what I missed re: this excellent suggestion.

M
Here's the summary I wrote for Sara to present to the Board:

I was thinking of a juried show inviting MAG members to design a piece of jewellery for the Governor General. There could be a broad scope to the call for entry including ironical, humourous, regal, official, fashionable etc. Seeing that the GG promotes Canadian designers in the clothing she wears (at least I think she does), it would provide MAG with an opportunity to promote Canadian jewellery designer-makers. I think we could generate a ton of publicity for the show and it might generate also more interest on the part of galleries to hosting the show Canada-wide. I guess we'd have to get Michaele Jean onside and have her approval...

With the American show I'm remembering - that made pins for Madeleine Albright - I think the winning piece was given to her (or perhaps she selected one from the show... there might be a way to find out - on the other hand we can make our own rules). I don't know if such a piece would then be the property of Jean, or belong to the office of GG and be owned by the Canadian people (in which case it might go into the Museum of Civilization). After typing that - I'm thinking that might be the best thing to do - donate it to the MCC (they have the Massey Craft collection after all), after her term ends.

Unlike the American show, I don't think it necessarily would need to be limited to one type of jewellery (i.e. pin), but on the other hand, that might make for an interesting show. The problem becomes how to include hollowware if it were to organized as the usual juried MAG show.
Hey Sanda,
I really love the idea. I don't know the rules about MAG and its shows, with regards to hollow ware etc...
Metalsmith magazine's exhibition in print very often has theme specific shows that does not include all makers. So perhaps MAG can do the same.

This would not be a very expensive show to travel, crate wise:) I would be interested in trying to find a gallery in New Brunswick to host this. The home of Our Lieutenant Governor, Government House in Fredericton has a lovely gallery. (Ask Lois and Mary K M..) The Group of silversmiths I belong to had a show there a few years ago. We were treated like gold.

Also I often have a project for my students with a customer in mind, and they usually buy a piece in the end. One year, the lady bought three brooches:)
Brigitte
Hi Brigette. thanks for the support for the idea. I haven't heard anything back from the MAG Board - so I don't know if they are considering it or if they discussed it. I still think it would be a good idea, and I think, Iike you, that we might find Galleries interested in it because of the obvious publicity cache.
Sandra
In regards to a Hollowware category for the theme of this prospective show....is holloware not table jewellery...I'm sure the GG keeps a lovely table.
Hi Sandra; What a great idea. I would enjoy being involved. A thought....hollowware as container for a piece of jewellery?
Thanks. Marianne Brown
That's a good idea. I'm sure where there's a will, there's a way to be inclusive.
This is a great idea.

I just moved here and I have some time and would like to get invovled.

Perhaps the winning entry could be come a part of a governement art collection, after she leaves office. There may be a problem with her receiving expensive gifts to keep.

The big opportunity is to profile Canadian designers. A special reception or exibit could be held for retailers and large jewelry houses - Tiffany's, David Yurman, etc to profile and promote international firms selling jewelry by Canadian Designers and hiring Cqnadian Jewelry designers.

Jerell
Hi there all!
We're having a Metal Arts Guild Show committee meeting this Thursday night at the MAG head office. We have been discussing this idea of a Show for the GG at the executive meetings and will be talking about it in more detail this week. We welcome all of you to attend and get involved! All are welcome to come in person, but we also teleconference through Skype with people in other cities. Contact me for the details (location and time or Skype i.d.) at treasurer at metalartsguild dot com.
Hope to see/hear you there!
Kathryn
Hi Kathryn - I tried emailing treasurer@metalartsguild.com and it came back undelivered. So I guess I'll try this way. If you think it would be helpful to have me on a teleconference on Thurs night, I could arrange it. I have not used Skype, but could figure it out ;-) I don't know that I have much more to add, other than what's been posted here - but if it would help - let me know.
Sandra

RSS

© 2019   Created by MAG Tech Support.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service